Shoot...
I promised for a post about our visit to Centrum with my grandfather and my brother last Sunday, so.. here you go!
It was a sunny day, as far as I could remember...
From the station near our home (Not going to be mentioned for personal reasons,) we go with tram 5 to the station "Spui"..
It's only a station away form the station "Dam", which is the very center of Amsterdam, where the old castle of the Royal Dutch family lived, and it is also a square where people hang out - and also the birds, ah.. There are always birds flying around the square, and if you drop some french fries on the ground, birds will come and hunt you down,
But, anyway, i"m not here to talk about Damraak, I'm here to talk about Spui...
Spui is the name of the tram station located near this place..
It is located near one of my favourite cinemas (My only one - actually - in Europe), and its name is PATHE DE MUNT.. It is 3 stories high, and it has approximately 8 different movies playing daily,
Spui is also located near a canal, if you're a tourist, this is one of the best spots to visit. There are boats where tourists acn go on and explore the canals in Amsterdam...
But that wasn't my destination for either my grand father and my brother!
We went far into the Centrum and in the wilds of the Centrum (Very crowded that I can barely took pictures there, afraid to be pickpocketted)
But what we desired was simply the Pataat..
Pataat is the Dutch word for French Fries,
But this is a special kind of Pataat,
They are freshly made of freshly bought potatoes, and then they cut them and fry them themselves on that very day - potatoes that have last for more than a day will nt be sold - or so I think...
It was delicious, I had mine with mayonnaise, while my grandfather and brother had theirs with Pinda Sauce (Brownish kind of sauce that you usually eat with satay)
On that particular spot, I spotted my old friend..
For personal reasons, I'm not going to mention her name..
She's Ukrainian, and she used to be at my school, but moved to a Dutch school..
She's a genius! After learning for a year to be fluent at English, on that very year - the very first and last year for her to be at our school, she moved to a Dutch school for various reasons,
Now, she can speak fluently both English and Dutch, her English is more fluent grammatically than mine.. Although in pronunciation, I might be better than her - considering the fact that the Ukrainian accent she has is too arduous to lose when she speaks other languages,
We shared MSNs, and we've been chatting together ever since :)
Anyways, after our visit to "Pataat",
We decided to go and have a visit to a bookshop - Waterstones..
I don't have to exlain as much about this very bookshop, as this is quite well known worldwide..
Anyhow, Waterstones is originally an English bookshop..
The cashiers even speak English with an English Accent, as if they are brought far from England to work there!
He bought 6 different books, and he claimed that he's going to finish it in 6 month...
Out of the question..
I have many homeworks anyway..
Which explains the reason of my blog title,
I have works to do for MUN..
And French Homework and test next week,
And I've got some Math stuff to do, too,
And many MANY more,
Life has been really hard on me at school,
I just wish that it's Christmas tomorrow and there will be another holiday for three weeks?!
Well, I'll just get on with my school life,
And dream about the holiday..
It is sometimes more fun to do so rather than to do the holiday itself,
Well, I'll end the blog here for now,
Ttyl...
Hadyan,
P.S. My aunt and her family are coming to visit us today.. They've just arrived, and I'm excited.. In the midst of my chaotic life (Homeworks), I have my two younger cousins to bring smile to my face XD
Woops, about the pictures that I'm supposed to post today - Here you go:




It was a sunny day, as far as I could remember...
From the station near our home (Not going to be mentioned for personal reasons,) we go with tram 5 to the station "Spui"..
It's only a station away form the station "Dam", which is the very center of Amsterdam, where the old castle of the Royal Dutch family lived, and it is also a square where people hang out - and also the birds, ah.. There are always birds flying around the square, and if you drop some french fries on the ground, birds will come and hunt you down,
But, anyway, i"m not here to talk about Damraak, I'm here to talk about Spui...
Spui is the name of the tram station located near this place..
It is located near one of my favourite cinemas (My only one - actually - in Europe), and its name is PATHE DE MUNT.. It is 3 stories high, and it has approximately 8 different movies playing daily,
Spui is also located near a canal, if you're a tourist, this is one of the best spots to visit. There are boats where tourists acn go on and explore the canals in Amsterdam...
But that wasn't my destination for either my grand father and my brother!
We went far into the Centrum and in the wilds of the Centrum (Very crowded that I can barely took pictures there, afraid to be pickpocketted)
But what we desired was simply the Pataat..
Pataat is the Dutch word for French Fries,
But this is a special kind of Pataat,
They are freshly made of freshly bought potatoes, and then they cut them and fry them themselves on that very day - potatoes that have last for more than a day will nt be sold - or so I think...
It was delicious, I had mine with mayonnaise, while my grandfather and brother had theirs with Pinda Sauce (Brownish kind of sauce that you usually eat with satay)
On that particular spot, I spotted my old friend..
For personal reasons, I'm not going to mention her name..
She's Ukrainian, and she used to be at my school, but moved to a Dutch school..
She's a genius! After learning for a year to be fluent at English, on that very year - the very first and last year for her to be at our school, she moved to a Dutch school for various reasons,
Now, she can speak fluently both English and Dutch, her English is more fluent grammatically than mine.. Although in pronunciation, I might be better than her - considering the fact that the Ukrainian accent she has is too arduous to lose when she speaks other languages,
We shared MSNs, and we've been chatting together ever since :)
Anyways, after our visit to "Pataat",
We decided to go and have a visit to a bookshop - Waterstones..
I don't have to exlain as much about this very bookshop, as this is quite well known worldwide..
Anyhow, Waterstones is originally an English bookshop..
The cashiers even speak English with an English Accent, as if they are brought far from England to work there!
He bought 6 different books, and he claimed that he's going to finish it in 6 month...
Out of the question..
I have many homeworks anyway..
Which explains the reason of my blog title,
I have works to do for MUN..
And French Homework and test next week,
And I've got some Math stuff to do, too,
And many MANY more,
Life has been really hard on me at school,
I just wish that it's Christmas tomorrow and there will be another holiday for three weeks?!
Well, I'll just get on with my school life,
And dream about the holiday..
It is sometimes more fun to do so rather than to do the holiday itself,
Well, I'll end the blog here for now,
Ttyl...
Hadyan,
P.S. My aunt and her family are coming to visit us today.. They've just arrived, and I'm excited.. In the midst of my chaotic life (Homeworks), I have my two younger cousins to bring smile to my face XD
Woops, about the pictures that I'm supposed to post today - Here you go:


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home